About the programme
This programme is designed for those who do not know how to use the computer.
It introduces the first steps to learning how to use a computer.
This course covers the use of:
- Know your desktop and identify the different sections of it.
- Identify what is hardware and what is software, and how they interact to make the computer work.
- What is word processing?
- Understanding RAM and ROM.
- Type and format short passages.
- Create folders and save files.
- File Management.
- A quick look at Publisher.
- Use template to create a business card.
- How to operate Excel.
- How to enter information.
- Create formulas.
- How to format cells into currency and percentages.
- Create an email address.
- How to send emails.
- Attaching documents.
Our team is dedicated to helping you better understand technology in order to enrich your world
"* Please note - You need to register for this course. Please call (04) 570 6020 to enquire about this. You can also pick up a copy of the registration form at The Learning Centre & Whānau Family Support Services Trust.
The Right Of All To Learn
Please refer to Article 26 on the Human Rights Commission website.
Tuition is at no direct cost to the learner and is confidential.
* Please Note - Some courses will only be held if we get enough interest in them. Please ring (04) 570 6020 to enquire about them.
We need trained literacy and numeracy specialists to help us with the demand for our employer and workplace programmes.
If you are interested, you can find out more information on our STAFFING page, or give us a call on (04) 570 6020. We would love to hear from you!