About the programme
"Tena Koe - Hello".
Te Ao Māori me ōna Tikanga is a programme designed to support those learners who want to enhance and develop their knowledge and understanding of the Te Ao Māori me ōna tikanga.
This course covers an understanding in:
- Mihimihi: The process of greeting.
- Powhiri: Means wave, welcome, opening.
- Whaikorero: Oration; formal speech.
- Te Reo: Māori language.
- Whakapapa: Genealogy, cultural identity.
- Waiata: Means to sing, chant, poem.
- Kawa: Means protocol; rules and behaviour.
Participants from this programme are able to further enhance their skills by attending:
The Right Of All To Learn
Please refer to Article 26 on the Human Rights Commission website.
Tuition is at no direct cost to the learner and is confidential.
* Please Note - Some courses will only be held if we get enough interest in them. Please ring (04) 570 6020 to enquire about them.
We need trained literacy and numeracy specialists to help us with the demand for our employer and workplace programmes.
If you are interested, you can find out more information on our STAFFING page, or give us a call on (04) 570 6020. We would love to hear from you!